My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang -

I treated myself to an hours meter (with tach.) after all these years.

And below is the inductive hookup:

This unit serves as a tach while the engine is running and an hours meter when it's not.

It was $40 + s&h through www.sendec-products.com. It seems a little steep but it was a birthday present to myself. No excuses for missing those oil changes now.

I bought this 48" Bobcat 22 years ago and the one-lunger B&S has run great. I have some off season plans to work on fixing some rust areas on the deck. At this rate the mower is going to outlast me!

Bob
Dover, MA

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice set-up! My Bobcat is made by Techron, I guess they bought out Ransomes at some point. I have a Kawi 15 horse twin and its a beast and very quiet. I had a Snapper Pro 736 with a Kawi 12.5 hp single cylinder before this and there is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
dammit, that is an awesome way to get that induction coil to stay on the spark plug wire.

I 'glued' it using high-temp rtv, and it kind of stays, but I don't really trust it. But the zip tie means it is not going anywhere...

·
Organized Chaos!
243 Posts
Very cool idea Bob! :fing32: ...just might have to look into a couple of these for the equipment.

·
Mr Fix It
158 Posts
Ive installed many of those. I do it differently instead of wrapping the induction wire around spark plug wire I splice the induction wire to the igntion kill lead of the ign switch . A trailer splice connector or solder and shrink tube works fine and cleaner looking and keeps wiring shoter and under control panel my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Ive installed many of those. I do it differently instead of wrapping the induction wire around spark plug wire I splice the induction wire to the igntion kill lead of the ign switch . A trailer splice connector or solder and shrink tube works fine and cleaner looking and keeps wiring shoter and under control panel my 2 cents
I assume this gives you pulses directly from the Mag? Great Idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts