My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fairly handy person, however, I don't know much about engines or things like that. My hour meter has never worked well from day 1. Last week it finally disappeared (the time doesn't show anymore) on me. Can it be repaired (loose connection somewhere), or should I just buy a new one?

Also, is there a way to change the hours on it since it broke? I've used the tractor for a bout 2.5 hours since then.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what is the meter on, is it LCD, LED or mechanical? Are you sure there is power going to it when the ignition is on. If the meter is bad you will have to replace and just start over from zero. If it is a case that you have just lost power to the meter then you can load the meter by disconnecting from the tracotr and attach to a battery for a period of 2.5 hours to make up the time. Do not leave the ignition on for that period of time without running.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it's an LCD. It was always very difficult to see/read, so I think it is still getting power. I think the display just decided to finally give out.

Sounds like I will need a new meter and just start over. I've never done that before. How easy/hard is it to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts