My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working in a near 90 degree temp.in my garage the last few weeks. Terrible hot. Today I seen a A/C in front of a man's home for sale. 18,000 BTU window air, for $100.00 , got it for 75 and its out there cranking out cold air. I should be able to get a lot more body work done tomorrow.
Thats not earth shaking news , but Im excited about it.

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Should make getting body work done a little more bearable!

·
Registered
609 Posts
It makes all the difference, work in comfort from now on. I put an 18,000 cool/16,000 heat in my workshop last year and wonder why I had not done it sooner!

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,734 Posts
Makes you wonder why you suffered so long right? Congrats on the A/C and I don't blame you one bit for getting excited.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I haven't installed an AC due to lack of insulation in the shop, but I did take an old blower from a furnace and mounted it on the wall. It moves a lot of air and makes a surprising difference in the comfort level.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Yes it is earth shaking news Don :fing32: Working in a cool garage will produce more results, with your projects .. that you will be sharing with us, rite ? :thanku:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Yes it is earth shaking news Don :fing32: Working in a cool garage will produce more results, with your projects .. that you will be sharing with us, rite ? :thanku:
AC ???? I had to turn on my garage heat or wear a sweater out here.. bloody cool.. 45f in here.. brrrrrr:fing20:

Good to hear your getting your temps down to a workable level....:thThumbsU

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,577 Posts
We have the same problem in our garage. It's attached to the house and has an attic. It had no insulation in the ceiling and very poor ventilation. I put in two layers of 3 1/2" fiberglass (long story about the source of that) and installed a ridge vent. I still need to insulate the (steel) doors, but it made a big difference.
However, this summer it's still way too hot to work out there. :crybaby:

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, it WAS putting out some cold air, not today though. I got a wore out junker. Sometimes that happens.
I have a call in to Curtis cooling. I will get a newer or new one today.
Ken N tx , I have the coke room A/C'ed, and I blow some of it into the shop.
The auto body on Main st has 4 roof air's in it.
I will get it cooled about time for Fall weather.
rough rider , I have to have it now, done had a taste of it.:thThumbsU

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have the same problem in our garage. It's attached to the house and has an attic. It had no insulation in the ceiling and very poor ventilation. I put in two layers of 3 1/2" fiberglass (long story about the source of that) and installed a ridge vent. I still need to insulate the (steel) doors, but it made a big difference.
However, this summer it's still way too hot to work out there. :crybaby:
G-1, cool avatar,is that yours?:thThumbsU

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
Congrats on the A/C. After I put one in my shop I wondered why it took me so long to do it. Heat and A/C are worth every penny.

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,577 Posts
G-1, cool avatar,is that yours?:thThumbsU
No, but it was the closest I could find to the one I built a looong time ago. 1931 Ford 5 window coupe, channeled, not chopped. Mine had a flathead Ford V8.
Wish I still had it, but time changes things! :eek:

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure I'll share Ken, I like pics, since big brother passed I dont have him to send pics to , poor ole Ken N TX is getting them all:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I carried two doors, deck lid and dash to the sand blaster today, we dont blast the outer skin due to metal warp , but it cleans up the insides nice.:trink39:

·
Banned
2 Posts
LOL, it WAS putting out some cold air, not today though. I got a wore out junker. Sometimes that happens.
I have a call in to Curtis cooling. I will get a newer or new one today.
Ken N tx , I have the coke room A/C'ed, and I blow some of it into the shop.
The auto body on Main st has 4 roof air's in it.
I will get it cooled about time for Fall weather.
rough rider , I have to have it now, done had a taste of it.:thThumbsU

I hear you there man ..Once you have had it thats it you cant do with out it lol

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,557 Posts
Sure I'll share Ken, I like pics, since big brother passed I dont have him to send pics to , poor ole Ken N TX is getting them all:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I carried two doors, deck lid and dash to the sand blaster today, we dont blast the outer skin due to metal warp , but it cleans up the insides nice.:trink39:
I enjoy all the pics doc!! :fing32:

Here is one of Doc's works..

Attachments

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,577 Posts
I hear you there man ..Once you have had it thats it you cant do with out it lol
When a guy from Canada says he can't do without A/C, that's a sign we are all in BIG trouble!!! :swow:
Al Gore, where are you when we need you? :sidelaugh

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That is one pretty classic, Doc.

Thanks for the pics, Ken.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts