My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this be a vertical or horizontal engine GT?

cooler008zz.jpg

It advertises as NO ENGINE,, Would it have had a PTO for the blades? or manual,,

And if you are really smart,, What engines and how hard are replacements to find?

Thanks

d

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'm gonna guess you could pick it up for free? In which case, the sleeve hitch there and the wheel weights are certainly worth the gas to pick it up.

But on the engine, if it is vertical, just about anything would fit. Trouble would be finding the correct pulleys.

I would also bet the deck PTO is manual.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used to have one like that, it was a horizonal shaft Briggs. The shaft direction was front to back rather than side to side. Good find!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
horizontal nice tractor

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Larry..

What was the pulley setup, Both on one end of crank shaft or on on one end (blades) and one on the other end or Flywheel (to tranny )

I wonder if it would be possible to mount a vertical engine in there?

Asking 150$ been advertised for a while,, I am thinking of offering a standing bid of 50$ to 75$,, I would like to have but can live without it...

d

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Larry..

What was the pulley setup, Both on one end of crank shaft or on on one end (blades) and one on the other end or Flywheel (to tranny )

I wonder if it would be possible to mount a vertical engine in there?

Asking 150$ been advertised for a while,, I am thinking of offering a standing bid of 50$ to 75$,, I would like to have but can live without it...

d
The flywheel side was toward the back and had a pulley for the drive belt, two pulleys under that to run and turn the belt for the clutch an transaxle. The front (power take off side) had an electric clutch, two pulleys below that to turn the belt for the mower deck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Vertical shaft engines are a lot easier to find in this area. In order to convert to a vertical shaft you would have to change the steering a little along with belt lengths but it can be done. Those are great tractors. It should have had a Briggs 18HP horizontal shaft when new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts