My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new SLT 1550 which I love. It runs great and is very quiet compared to my old AGS 2140. The only problem I am having with it is thar on a regular basis, while mowing, the hood pops up on it's own. The hood release in the front seems to be fully engaged and tight. At first I thought it was a loose bolt or bad adjustment. Everything seems to be correct.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for this? This is a great forum and I really enjoy all the information and help that is available here.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Before it breaks off I'd secure it closed with a rope or rubber strap of some kind.

Sure you could return it and complain...good luck with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had the same problem with my SLT1554, drive along and up goes the hood. So i think it must be a required maintenance thing (hood opens instead of a light):trink40: BUT NOOOOOOO screws they used just fell out of the hood part of the latch. Check again for loose screws, i had to retap and go with bigger screws and problem solved. What do you want for 2300 bucks????:praying:

·
Registered
963 Posts
There was a recall on the hood latches for the 1500's and 2500's. Get your dealer to replace the latch and hood under warranty. If you try to fix it yourself, you'll void any future warranty claims on the hood latch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts