My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my GCV160 engine mounted on a Lawnboy deck that had a dead Tecumseh on it. It mounted right up and I covered it in Honda Firecracker Red. Very quiet and smooth set-up....on to pics.

Reactions: 1652

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think that's pretty cool.....should be a solid and highly-functional mower. I like when someone thinks outside the box!

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
Obviously, I'm all over it. Nice job! It sure is a quiet mower, isn't it?

·
Registered
300 Posts
You replaced a tecumseh with a Honda..... How could that possibly be bad :D

Nice job on the restore and I dig the red :fing32:

·
Lawn Mower Fan
681 Posts
What application did the Honda come from? How close in dimension was the pulley for the belt? The Honda on my 10330 came from a Craftsman mower, and the belt was a touch narrower on the Craftsman. So the L-B belt rides a bit higher in the sheave than it's really "supposed to", but it works okay nonetheless.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Red one of my favorite colors, nice looking mower.

Most people think of them as throw aways even the 4 cycle Lawn Boys. Come on, maybe it just me, I have bad luck with OHV Briggs power, I get by better with the Tecumseh brand both flat head and there OHV. Just like I have better luck with Kohler over Kawasaki motors. Honda are fine, just don`t leave gas in the float bowel, over a long winters nap.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Great job! I've been looking at taking my 30 year old Honda from an HRA214 and putting it on a 30+ year old "Chief" whose engine is impossible to start. Honda starts and runs fine but blade transmission is failing badly. How easy was the swap from the standpoint of shaft and mounting holes?

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
It couldnt be any worse than what Toro did with it.. looks good and the right color too!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What application did the Honda come from? How close in dimension was the pulley for the belt? The Honda on my 10330 came from a Craftsman mower, and the belt was a touch narrower on the Craftsman. So the L-B belt rides a bit higher in the sheave than it's really "supposed to", but it works okay nonetheless.
Jason the engine came from a Honda Mower. I think it was a later model. I just got the engine and blades/bolts.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great job! I've been looking at taking my 30 year old Honda from an HRA214 and putting it on a 30+ year old "Chief" whose engine is impossible to start. Honda starts and runs fine but blade transmission is failing badly. How easy was the swap from the standpoint of shaft and mounting holes?
Everything lined up perfectly on shaft length and the motor mount bolts lined up as well. The deck was from a V series so it was a one speed self propel.

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to sell it to make room in the garage. Any takers locally (to pittsburgh/ohio/wv) PM me !

·
2 stroke addict
1,101 Posts
Everything lined up perfectly on shaft length and the motor mount bolts lined up as well. The deck was from a V series so it was a one speed self propel.

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to sell it to make room in the garage. Any takers locally (to pittsburgh/ohio/wv) PM me !
how much would you want for it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts