My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched but could not find a thread for pics. i don't have a honda GT but i would like to see some because they look really cool. post away folks!

as per the usual MO on these kinds of threads, please post your pic, and the year, and model of the tractor...plus a description of any attachment (model #/size etc.) and any stories you might have on your tractor (how you acquired it, etc.)

oifla

ps: Mods, if there is already a thread that fills this purpose please delete this one (and please point me in the right direction because i could not find it if is out there) - thanks!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I would post pics of mine but I don't know how :dunno:

·
Free 4518 user
70 Posts
Here is my 4518. I got it from a guy at work for free. He had seized one of the blade shafts on the mower deck and it was cheaper for him to buy a new Craftsman than pay to get the deck repaired. I pressed the old shaft out and replaced all the bearings on all three shafts for $18. My hydraulic press read about 15.5 tons to get the seized shaft out. I had to buy a CDI module ($100+) to get the tractor running. I also bought the 42" snow blower with the mounting frame and PTO off Craig's List for $600.
I have replaced the dry rotted front turf tires with Calisle Sow Hogs for ~$25 apiece.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
I paid $250 for this 4514.

Bought from the original owner. He still had the original sales brochures for the 4000 series when he purchased the mower, plus all owners manuals in perfect condition. Model year 1992- going on 20 years old.

Deal included an extra set of new blades, mulch kit, and also a rear bagger in excellent condition. Deck is in great shape too. However, I did recondition the deck last summer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157630543396190/

A shop told the owner the PTO was bad and that it would cost $1000 to fix. I got it home and the PTO works great. The PTO rattled a little bit but that is because it needed two $20 bearings. I have since replaced the bearings, the seat, front tires, and the steering bushings.

I still want to replace the steering wheel with a larger circumference steering wheel and the drive shaft with a cv joints off of a ATV 4 wheeler.

Will all repairs (dollars spent) I am still far under what I would have had to pay for a new GT or perhaps a used JD 318 or 445.

Still would like to get a snow blower, and/or a push blade or both. This GT will outlast me for sure (retired - 67).

Attachments

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Neither is a mower but can tow one! Or a cart, sweeper etc. :hide:

1983 Big Red 200cc hi=lo range 5 speed. Electric start, About 13hp
1985 125M 125cc hi-lo range, 4 speed, Electric start, about 8hp

Both are positraction! Does a number on the turf if turned really sharp!

I know you wanted Mowers/Tractors but couldn't resist.

MU

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wait. You said he traded his Honda for a Craftsman?? :crybaby:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I paid $250 for this 4514.

Bought from the original owner. He still had the original sales brochures for the 4000 series when he purchased the mower, plus all owners manuals in perfect condition. Model year 1992- going on 20 years old.

Deal included an extra set of new blades, mulch kit, and also a rear bagger in excellent condition. Deck is in great shape too. However, I did recondition the deck last summer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157630543396190/

A shop told the owner the PTO was bad and that it would cost $1000 to fix. I got it home and the PTO works great. The PTO rattled a little bit but that is because it needed two $20 bearings. I have since replaced the bearings, the seat, front tires, and the steering bushings.

I still want to replace the steering wheel with a larger circumference steering wheel and the drive shaft with a cv joints off of a ATV 4 wheeler.

Will all repairs (dollars spent) I am still far under what I would have had to pay for a new GT or perhaps a used JD 318 or 445.

Still would like to get a snow blower, and/or a push blade or both. This GT will outlast me for sure (retired - 67).
Beautiful honda! :thThumbsU would you happen to have a front bumper for a 4514?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Beautiful honda! :thThumbsU would you happen to have a front bumper for a 4514?
Thanks.

Sorry - no extra brush guard. I will probably modify one of these in the links below to fit. It will be just a good as anything one could build by themselves (unless you are a certified mig/tig welder with access to chrome moly tubing and a tube bender).

http://www.mowersdirect.com/Images/Husqvarna-505-56-88-13/i6804.html

http://www.mowersdirect.com/Craftsman-071-24624/p11176.html?preferred_placement=1

·
Registered
492 Posts
I searched my computer for some Summer pictures of my Honda 4514 and didn't find any. I just took a picture in its Winter garb. I have modified the steering to make it lighter, added linear actuators for the snowblower and of course the cab is my latest addition. It was bought new in 1992 and my hour meter (added in 1994) now reads just over 1100 hours.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 104 Posts