My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this trimmer with the GX25 engine and just installed a new carb from Honda. It starts up just fine and runs very good. The only thing I have noticed is that when the choke is wide open, and I accelerate (full throtle) very quickly it tends to stall. If I set the choke maybe half way and try it agian it accelrates perfectly fine.

Is there some adjustment I can make on this carb? Or any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, it has a black solid tube that protrudes from the acceleration linkage down into the carb and rotates. I am assuming this means it is a rotary carb? I dont see a 'butterfly' per say like other carbs I have seen...
Does the 'barrel' carb have this hidden high idle speed screw you mention?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats the one. What brand? I have a knock off like that or the Walbro on my cheapo troy bilt brush cutter. I ended up pulling rhe carb apart and opening up the orifice within the barrel to richen it up. Ran much better. This is before I learned that most should have needles.

Search walbro wyk series. I can find my pdf of that carb just yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brianf: Did a search for 'Walbro wyk'. Seems there is a small screw under a rubber cap straight down the shaft of the barrel. A slight turn to the left and the stalling problem is gone. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts