My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm looking for an oil filter for a Honda H4514
There are several available online but for silly prices.

It's only an oil filter and there must be an equivalent in the car parts market.

Don't want to take off the existing filter to measure as will mean oil everywhere.

Any advice appreciated

Richard

·
Registered
133 Posts
it's a really common filter, here's the Wix master cross ref PDF 1148 pages...

Edit the honda number appears superceded to 15400-ZZ3-003 now also not in the cross references yet, Think it's a game of confusion? keep changing the numbers to confuse the competition?

and when I look for filters by thread size Wix has 67 part numbers with a 20x1.5mm thread, have to start comparing length, diameter, relief valve, gasket dimensions etc then. shouldn't be needed though.

Happens to be the same filter specs as my motorcycle and here's a common cross for those, the 51334 Wix is listed in the 1st group.

scroll to the bottom

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also found it in the Wix Off Highway Vehicles catalog under Honda, Engines, GX360

Edit: The more I look the more confusing it is. Boats.net shows a 15400-pfb-014 while ronayers shows 15400-pfb-004, both superceded, also noticed the later engines called for a different filter after engine serial# 1361802, but other places that was a change from toyo roki to denso.oem supplier...

one crosses to a wix 51358 and the other to a 51365 the only difference I see is the 51358 is 0.2" taller and the relief valve pressure is 11-14 vs 8-11 for the 51365

check the chart, there are a multitude with the same gasket, relief, and thread:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts