My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a used Honda snowblower, an HS724WA, I think. It was described to me by a friend at work as a "24" wheeled 2 stage blower".
Is there any way to tell how old this is? He bought it used and is unsure of it's age. I was hoping that Honda used some sort of date code on the engine like B&S or TEC. did.

steve

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I did a bunch of searchs on-line and could not come up with any nomenclature information related to Honda small engine equipment. Maybe someone in the Honda forum can help?

My old HS624WA 6 HP was built in 1996 or so and they bumped up the engine to a 7 HP a few years later, like 1998 or 1999. The old line up was a 6 HP (HS624KIWA or KITA) and then an 8 HP (HS828KIWA or KITA), the WA meaning Wheel Drive and the TA meaning Track Drive. Sometime around '98 or '99 they changed to the current 7 HP, 9 HP and 11 HP line up with the 7 & 9 HP models available as either a WA (Wheel Drive) or TA (Track Drive). The HS1132TA has always only been available as a Track Drive model. The only other suggestion would be to contact Honda and see if they can identify the year of manufacture for you.

I had my HS624WA for 10 years (sold it last week) and just stepped up to a HS928TA - I bought it off munderhill this past March before he relocated down to NC. Honda makes one **** of a snowblower. If it's in good shape and has been taken care of over the years, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Woodsy, I really don't know which model I'm looking at, all I really know is that it is a 24" Honda Wheeled Blower. The owner didn't know which model but said it was nearly new, which leads me to believe it is a HS724WA.

After searching around the net for quite awhile I was led to this site http://www.planopower.com/store/honda/index_snowblowers.shtml
it was a pretty good description of the blowers by model #.
The owner is a friend at work and I'll see him tonight and try to find out more.
Thanks for the help.
steve

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:sorry1:I just checked with the guy at work who had it. It turns out it was an HS80WAS, which makes it pretty old according to Plano Power Equipment. He says it's in beautiful shape but I'm not looking for a 20 year old project. I think I'll pass on this and pick up a new machine this fall. Thanks for all your help.:thanku:
steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts