My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a date code or any way to tell the age of a Honda engine by just looking? I'm looking at purchasing a used Honda snowblower and was wondering if I could tell how old it is. I'm going to post this in the snowblower forum also.

thanks steve

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I've seen on the web' a chart for Honda engines,giving serial # range,country of mfg.,date of mfg range etc.You should take down the full number and S/N to make use of the chart ,I don't remember the location,but I'd Google "Honda engine chart"

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, I tried searching for Honda engine chart, but only got car engines.
steve

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Try Planopower.com,Honda parts by model number,General purpose engines. Then use your model number etc. It's not the site I remember, but might tell you what you want to know.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
can we see a picture. I may be able to tell.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I posted this over in the Snow Removal section but I guess you never went back there to check your posting:

I did a bunch of searchs on-line and could not come up with any nomenclature information related to Honda small engine equipment. Maybe someone in the Honda forum can help?

My old HS624WA 6 HP was built in 1996 or so and they bumped up the engine to a 7 HP a few years later, like 1998 or 1999. The old line up was a 6 HP (HS624KIWA or KITA) and then an 8 HP (HS828KIWA or KITA), the WA meaning Wheel Drive and the TA meaning Track Drive. Sometime around '98 or '99 they changed to the current 7 HP, 9 HP and 11 HP line up with the 7 & 9 HP models available as either a WA (Wheel Drive) or TA (Track Drive). The HS1132TA has always only been available as a Track Drive model. The only other suggestion would be to contact Honda and see if they can identify the year of manufacture for you.

I had my HS624WA for 10 years (sold it last week) and just stepped up to a HS928TA - I bought it off munderhill this past March before he relocated down to NC. Honda makes one **** of a snowblower. If it's in good shape and has been taken care of over the years, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked with the guy at work who had it. It turns out it was an HS80WAS, which makes it pretty old according to Plano Power Equipment. He says it's in beautiful shape but I'm not looking for a 20 year old project. I think I'll pass on this and pick up a new machine this fall. Thanks for all your help.
steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts