My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already spent enough on this old tractor i picked up not running with blown head gasket ,headgasket,water pump,timing belt. and $500 later not even sure if it will run.Can i run it with no thermostat?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i found one at Napa for $12 .It's a gates thermostat .Same heat range and diameter.From the 80's lol . I did try it with no thermostat till the thermostat comes in in a couple of days.It ran ok and got the blades turning then shut it down .Still a few bugs to iron out but no leaks anywhere. Does anyone know what blades are used on this?It's a 42 inch deck.Surely they must be available somewhere else than Honda

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Should probably change topic or start another but finding more bugs with the tractor.None too serious so far.
I can get the idle to 1300 RPM but the manual says 3600 RPM wide open.Is this when the PTO is running that it picks up to this?Asking because when i open up the throttle it barely goes up to 1700 RPM .I even moved the spring to a another hole to try it but no real change.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought it from original owner and was garage kept .He said he bought it new for $4200 in 1993 and never had an issue with it until now.Typical Honda .Quality lawn tractor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts