My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need to replace one of the bearings on the pto of my old Honda 4514 mower. It's a common bearing - NTN 6005LU. There are loads available on ebay etc for low prices but I've read that it's common for these to be fake. Does anyone use a company that definitely supplies genuine NTN bearings? I'm in the UK but could probably order from anywhere.

Many thnaks for any replies as always.

Richard

·
Premium Member
I use scissors! Twice a week.
9,155 Posts
You can get an NTN bearing, but I would suggest any bearing with that size/seal type from a major bearing manufacturer will work fine (like SKF, NSK, KOYO, ***, TIMKEN, NACHI). If you live in/near a city of any size, there likely will be a bearing/seal shop there, an auto parts store might even have them.

6005 is a common, well defined standardized size. You want the same type of shielding (covering the sides of the bearings, it's either plastic, steel or open).

Edit:...evidently one of the brand names also matches the swear filter... F A G

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get an NTN bearing, but I would suggest any bearing with that size/seal type from a major bearing manufacturer will work fine (like SKF, NSK, KOYO, ***, TIMKEN, NACHI). If you live in/near a city of any size, there likely will be a bearing/seal shop there, an auto parts store might even have them.

6005 is a common, well defined standardized size. You want the same type of shielding (covering the sides of the bearings, it's either plastic, steel or open).

Edit:...evidently one of the brand names also matches the swear filter... F A G
Many thanks Dave. I managed to source one in the end. I now have to replace the clutch plate and pulley. The cost of this rebuild has become very high as all the parts have to come from Japan. I just hope the hydrostatic gear box doesn't fail as that is something I wouldn't be able to fix.

Regards
Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts