My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
needed a tiller to cut down weeds in my tree rows. looked for 2 years locally for a tiller for my JD 285 but one never became available so decided to build my own from scratch. 13 hp, 40 inches wide, 24 tines, electric winch for height adjustment. have made some mods since completed but very pleased. total invested, about $750.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
You did a fine job, with fine finish techniques as well.
Mine is a Hack Job next to yours.

I pulled the wheels off an old Sears Roto-spader, hooked some Gator blades for drag links and let er' rip.
the easy tiller.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a tiller off a Simplicity 5010 and now no 5010. Need to do something with the tiller. More pictures would help. Neat idea.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I have two Allis Chalmer B-10 and a B-110 and a Tiller for the AC that requires a Belt drive from the Rear PTO.
No PTO in the rear of either tractor.
I'm thinking of mounting a Good Hp B&S on the Tiller and connecting the whole thing to one of the Tractors.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
OP, that thing is AWESOME

·
-
1,833 Posts
That is very nice.

Fit and finish looks excellent.

Heck I'd wager you could sell those.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Very nice work there!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
thudpucker .I kinda like that Idea.better than getting your teeth rattled out by that tiller or dragged around.that home made one is really nice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx for the compliments, guys. a couple more pictures. I've redone the cables on the lifting mechanism some. my next one will have some changes, like a wider main drive belt. if I push it alittle too hard, the belt will get hot and break. but i made it to go about 2 inches deep to cut the weeds between my tree rows and it works great for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
BW, you deserve all those compliments.
Those last photos show me a lot too.
How about replacing the Drive belt with a plain ol' Harley Davidson Chains n' sprockets?
Much less friction and very positive results. Mmmmm I can smell the burning Rubber now...

I just don't think your gonna make that stuff get hot and break! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts