My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Case 446-75 and I got a snow plow that is for an ATV or riding mower. I want to convert this to work on my 446 so I am searching for a mounting bracket that will fit the front end of the tractor the way a factory snow blade would. I plan on building off of that bracket to make the snow blade move up and down with the hydraulic bar the way a factory snow plow I would. Does anyone know where I can find a used mounting bracket or has anyone ever made their own?

·
Super Moderator
10,557 Posts
I would scour the CL and Face Book ads for one....but you are more likely to just find the right blade for less than 200 bucks..at least in this area...where are you located?...You could always post a wanted to buy ad in the classifies here on MTF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I found a plow on ebay for $650 lol, I've seen people buy whole tractors and assessories for that price. I'll look around and see what I can come up with. I have a weight box that I could get mesuments off of and see if I could make one. I'm from Central VA.

·
Premium Member
6,357 Posts
Assuming the tractor already has the cylinder/control, I would just fab the mount so it bolts to the frame like the factory mount does, then go from there.

I bought a 54" Warn plow with a mid-mount for an atv, and made a mount for it to my Snapper Pro walkbehind mower, found it couldn't lift high enough (without sticking the plow WAY out in front), then bought a front-mount for the plow, made a mount for that, and it works really well for me. The mount bolts in place of the mower deck, and it's straightforward to swap between the two.

Here's the thread for my build:

pics look like they were reduced in size from when I initially posted them, possibly as part of the forum software change...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's kind of what I'm thinking I'll have to do, I have a weight box that came with it so I will take the measurements off that. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did something similar with a craftsman plow on my 444 before I found a decent priced case plow. I had an extra mule drive attachment that was in bad shape so I just used the snap fast bracket and reinforced it. Drilled holes in it and bolted the craftsman plow bracket to it and made the lift linkage from rebar. I'll see if I can find pictures

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have seen a few brackets for mower decks and thought about reinforcing one of those since you can get them pretty cheap and they fit the Locking pins and the mounting tabs underneath.

·
Super Moderator
37,101 Posts
Those spring loaded latching pins aren't too hard to find, most places that service utility trailers have weldable ones, Grainger also has them so you can order them from there too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I later redid the linkage to go on the top 2DE28DAE-1DB2-41DB-B746-B0CFAA995D48.jpeg D7ADEDFD-D205-44B6-AA3B-167709010395.jpeg 285B608C-2644-4E73-A9E1-09D7C50F0A88.jpeg I later redid the linkage to go on the top

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And that bracket held the weight and push back force pretty good? I see those brackets around but didn't know if they would hold up as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It held up fine. The blade I used was pretty light compared to the case one one that I have now, but I think bracket is the same thickness steel. I’ll try to look at the original plow bracket tonight. Keep looking for a case plow, they are nice. I found mine on Facebook market with a mower deck for $200.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal, yeah I have $45 in this 42 inch plow and bracket arm so if I have to buy a mounting bracket I don't feel that hesitant about putting money into it. I appreciate your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts