My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
made this so far out of scrap angle iron and slotted angle iron that i purchased. all bolted together and no new holes were drilled! the roof is a sheet of stainless steel and the skins are a thick plastic from the side of an old pool. probably going to have the skins made of sheet metal once i get it finished. right now i need some lexan for windows and to brainstorm about doors.

·
kccraftswoman
682 Posts
very nice work use food service truck door handles or toolbox latches for your doors. keep up the great work.tootles for now. K.C.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice work use food service truck door handles or toolbox latches for your doors. keep up the great work.tootles for now. K.C.
good idea on the handles, have to find me some! thanks for the comments:trink40:

i definitely have a lot more work to do. i dont think im doin too bad for using mostly scrap materials and from start till now its been prolly 6 hours of work time.

·
10,839 Posts
I would scared to use that gem, let alone start mocking up a metal cab on it. Good luck with your project.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Lookin good CR!:fing32: got room at the top for a shelf to put you know what on!:trink39: weight!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would scared to use that gem, let alone start mocking up a metal cab on it. Good luck with your project.
thanks! ya i was a little nervous at first but i got the frame up without a scratch on er, and the only place anything touches the body is on the footrests and i stuck felt padding to the bottom of my angle iron there. the rest mounts to the frame in the back. and its unbelievably solid, i could prolly flip the whole tractor by pushing on the top of the cab :thThumbsU

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
CR that looks fantastic!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here ive done a little more work on the cab. fabricated front panels w/ flaps for levers, re-painted the entire thing, and caulked in all of the seams and such to seal it all together and keep it from rattling or whatnot. i figure with the engines flywheel facing back towards the cab that i can hotbox that portion of the engine compartment and get the heat the flywheel is blowing around. i also plan to mount a SMV triangle on the rear of the cab and two flashing orange lights on each side of the back below the window. a strobe for the roof and more flashers on the front of the cab. will probably also put an interior light and possibly a reverse light.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
ryan, what happened to the sun star?

·
Registered
339 Posts
That looks pretty good. I do have a couple questions.

How tall is that? I'm thinking it may or may not fit in my 12' x 20' shed :fing20:

How tall are you and how much headroom?

Thanks
Jeff

1 - 20 of 78 Posts