My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a few pictures of a trash bucket holder I made for my JD LA145. Made it a few months ago, and have been very happy with it. Hasn't fallen off yet. Not as fancy as what many of you guys are able to make.

As you can see it is just a piece of 3/4" plywood. Angle cut in it is just from the piece of scrap I cut it out of. Semi-circular cut is the one that matters. I drilled a couple holes that match up with the accessary attachment points that come on the newer JD's. I have a couple of long carriage bolts and thumb nuts to hold it on. I use a bungee cord attached to a pair of eye screws. And of course I finished it off with a couple coats of JD yellow spray paint. It will work with my yard trailer, but I do have to take the bucket off when using my Agri-Fab spreader. With just the bungee cord, it won't carry a lot of weight, but my primary use is for sticks and trash while mowing. I have also carried a few tools around it in, including my 24V drill, just don't try to fill it full of dirt or water. I think my favorite feature is the hole that I drilled on the right side for my hitch pin. I always know exactly where it is at. The one thing I don't like is that it makes it a little harder to fill the underseat gas tank. I've just gotten so that I usually use a siphon. Easier then balancing a 5 gallon can anyway.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts