My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a back blade from an old Gilson front blade and a cheap engine stand. The engine stand has a natural swivel point to adjust blade angle. A hole for the hiych pin, weld it to the blade and viola! In the pics you'll see the sleeve hitch I made for my old 112 mounted to my X500. 2 bolt holes drilled into the side of the rear frame plate and it fit right on!

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a pic of the homemade sleeve hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the first revision. The blades a little far away from the tractor so I'm gonna shorten it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is all shortened up. I reinforced the joint with a plate on the side.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Primed it all to prep for green/yellow topcoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
now why didn't I think of that! excellent idea, I see those engine stands cheap all the time.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mounted the DPDT switch on the right rear fender. I thought about putting it on the dash but your always turned around to watch the implement when raising and lowering.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the Gilson/Montgomery Ward blades are heavy enough to weld to. Not like the Craftsman blades. Hardest part was cutting off the original mounting system off of the blade. I may remove the large height adjustment shoes before I'm done. I built this to use when I have the snowblower hooked up so I can back drag away from garage doors. I want to get as close to the door as possible. Kinda like a backhoe scraping dirt off of a block wall.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,491 Posts
Will it swivel 180 deg. so you can also push with it?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you just let it drop, spin it around, and you can push. Angle has 6 positions forward or back.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
nice job, I love to see pictures of home made attachments, it gives me ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts