My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my dad just finished building a miniature version of a john deere 9030 farm tractor. It has a 17 hp kubota deisel engine and 8 wheel drive. Rear hydraulics and a plow
KIMG0223.jpg
. He plans on listing this for sale but has no idea what to ask for it. What do you guys think this might be worth?
KIMG0213.jpg
KIMG0211.jpg
KIMG0212.jpg
imagejpeg_0(5).jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what were running into. I've searched the internet but there aren't many builds like this one, and the ones I have found weren't for sale.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Something he'll have to figure his time and materials plus some profit and list it like that. I've done a couple Cummins Conversions and know there is alot of hours involved.

It's a really nice looking tractor.

·
Registered
607 Posts
WOW, VERY impressive build!

Gonna take a stab at a price. Maybe 10K for parts, 1000 hrs labor @$5 per hour, and then the "uniqueness" 20K. I'd say $35K or maybe $50 to some rich guy!

I know labor rate is low, REAL low, but that's a labor of love build. Bob

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
What an amazing build! And what a nice looking tractor! Your dad is a very talented builder. Given the prices of new higher end JD GTs, I wouldn't be surprised to see the right person pay 15K for this very special "one off" tractor.

·
Parts collector
2,996 Posts
That's awesome!

It doesn't look as if it has a rear PTO for a brush hog, so use will be limited to pull behind type implements, plow, disc, harrow, un-powered hay rake.

I have no clue what it would be worth. It all depends on if you can find a buyer that wants it bad enough to spend the $$$$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant believe the money they got out of that. He just listed it at $9500 if anyone is interested. Looks like a good deal for someone who wants something unique.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's obvious that the tractor took a lot of time to design and build.
Considering what the Mini MM brought, the $9500 price for the JD "3100" seems much too low.
But, it's already up for sale. If it doesn't sell in the CL ad time , it might be worth it to list with Mecum or someone like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah i think it is priced to sell. If it doesn't he will be taking it to some shows this summer. I'm sure somebody needs it, just need to find that guy.

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts
I don't know... It would be worth it to the right buyer, but most people would think that it's neat but not something that they "have to have". So at auction with the right buyers it could easily go for double that $9500 asking price, but just sitting on craigslist it will probably sit and sit with no offers unless the "right" buyer happens to see the listing. I just don' think that there's more than a couple of dozen people in the whole country that would want it enough, and have enough disposable income, to pay that kind of price.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The ad has been deleted... Did it sell? I would love to have something like that someday just for it's uniqueness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys the right buyer ended up finding the tractor so its headed halfway across the country to it's new owner soon. Thanks for the kind words and opinions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts