My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a homelite ez start chain saw today
cleaned carb and spark plug and got it running
I was wondering what year it was made and what it worth
(I dont want to sell )

Homelite Ez-Start

Model Number UT10403A

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
10K and Climbin!
12,590 Posts
yep that it , I bought three chainsaws for 30
got two running and the other one the spring broke
after one pull
Usually the spring breaks @ the inside part so you can usually re-notch the thing and be back in business..

Then you got 3 running saws for $30??:dunno::fing32:

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
I collect the old Blue Homelites great saws but they don't bring much rarely bring $50 two of the best Homelites I have are a couple Super XL models I bought at an auction with no bars or chains but they started right up when I got them home paid $5 for the pair.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I believe I have a couple of chainsaws (one a Homelite) with a need for carburetor cleaning... what did you do? I assume more than running some Sea Foam through the gas/mix. Do you disassemble to clean? Without the purchase of a "kit" of gaskets and diaphragm?

I think the carb on my relatively new (about 5 hours of run time over a several year period and one in which the ethanol destroyed the gas line to the carb) Craftsman 36 cc, needs some carb work/cleaning. I can get what appears to be a whole new carburetor from Sears Parts for about $30 with tax and shipping included. This may be the best path, but I may try some tear-down of the carb, which is listed as a Zama (w20) / Walbro (W662) for which I can not find a rebuild kit.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,590 Posts
Hi Jerry- Nice thread hijack there!!:fing32::trink40:

Save your $$ and remove @ disassemble/clean the carb. **You may need the new one if the old one is majorly filthy or corroded. The fuel tank and filter need to be totally rinsed out so you don't repeat the contamination. Once clean reassemble and chop away! :goodl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts