My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 990, there wasn't any 3-pt. draft bars or draw bar, only the center adjustment bar. There wasn't any mower deck, just the hangers (that's OK, cause I wasn't going to use it for mowing anyway). I stopped back and asked the old feller I bought it from if the draft bars might be lying around. He said to go ahead and look around, but he didn't think there was any with the tractor when he took it in on trade.

Well, there were none to be found. I searched eBay, Craig's List and Goggle to see if I could find any, but no luck. I recalled that blacksmithman had posted a detailed drawing of the draw bar assembly, along with the draft bars and attachment bars. From these drawings, I used the mower deck hangers and some other stuff I had laying around and made some new ones. These aren't to factory specs, but they work just fine. Don't look at the welds too hard - first time using my $75 garage sale Century MIG welder.

So, what do ya think?
Rich

Attachments

·
MTD 990 Twactor Guy
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys!

I think I picked up a bug while working on the 3-pt. - the welding bug, that is! LOL :thThumbsU

Was at my local Sears store today and they had a front bucket to fit my LT2000, but it has a $500 price tag on it. Actually, not too bad compared to the Johnny Bucket Jr. I found some other drawings on here for a bucket, and came across some plans at Vintage Projects that showed how a bucket was made using the pump and switches for a convertible top. Might have to start working on another project! And, then I could use a back blade, and maybe a rear single wheel trailer to attach to the 3-pt., and, then maybe.....

Boy, sure am glad my wife doesn't read these! Blacksmithman - got any more good projects / drawings? Sure was a big help. :thanku:

Thanks again - Rich

·
Registered
334 Posts
sammyrye that look real good looks to me like you really did nice job i cheated and put a sleve hitch on mine from sears your hitch looks great
keep up the good work :Tractor2:

·
Registered
176 Posts
That sure does look good Sammy.How are you going to Keep from Scratching it all up? LOL. I`m in a Similar Boat and need to build a 3 point hitch too. I`ve been admiring, Blacks work also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's great Sammy. There's a 3-pt setup on the gt2055 I bought to replace the deck on my 990 so I'm thinking about modifying the 990 to use the newer setup. A boom would really come in handy sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts