My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TexasFire
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of North Star's 10 gallon sprayers from Northern Tool to spray ant piles with. This sprayer works great & when I 1st started out I pulled a yellow plastic garden dump trailer behind me with the sprayer in it. That worked OK but didn't give me the maneuverability I wanted as it was trick to back that trailer. I built a small carry deck just big enough to hold the sprayer tank out of some scrap lumber. I used two "L" bracket construction braces to act as hanger hooks to hang on the back of the frame. I also made a mounting post by screwing a lag screw into the bottom of the support post & cut the head off. This fits nicely into the tow eye of my Scotts 2554S (orange JD). I also ran a fused power lead from the battery through the body & terminated it in the under seat storage tray. It's long enough that I can pull it out & hit the pigtail on the sprayer. The sprayer came with a 15' hose so I shortened it a bit to make it a little more manageable. This setup works GREAT, I couldn't be happier with it. :fing32: It's easy to mount & dismount, even if it has some solution in the tank.

TexasFire :thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Looks good. I like the mount system you came up with.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Nice job, and wives ask why we keep old wood and stuff laying around..

·
10,825 Posts
Ya know, I always struggle with the long hose on my tow behind sprayer. Shortening the hose never even crossed my mind, I always use it seated on the tractor, but it has twice the hose necessary for that. I'm definitely shortening it up after reading this, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.