My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear end from a '68 suburban, 3 speed with hi and lo ranges, what do yall think about making a walk behind tractor out of it? I also hace an OLD briggs cast iron engine that is supposed to be a 12 horse that could go on it.

I dont think it'd be hard to build, just some motor mounts and some way to mount some handle bars. Would that be a good one, or would it be over kill?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Interesting, a homebuilt walker,,,, the 12hp, well I guess it depends on what your going to be powering, ahhh never can have to much HP,,, kinda like having to much money :ROF

Be sure to post pics,,, we like lots of pics

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
It sounds like a fun project, but..... you can usually find old Gravelys for a couple of hundred $$$. They take alot more attachments than you could on your homemade one. I paid $50 for this one. It needs about $100 in parts to be a runner. I was looking for a parts tractor and found a running tractor with a 30 inch deck and snow blower attachment for $130. So if you want a one off "look what I made" 2 wheel tractor, then go for it. If you want a functioning very versatile tractor look for an old Gravely. Just my 2cents. Good luck, have fun, and be safe! Ed

Attachments

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Sounds like a fun project. Great to utilize something that might just lay around and create a useful machine. This is a fun hobby isn't it. Good luck with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts