My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home depot just put out several XT1 models. I noticed the build date was 4/19. Is that a leftover from last year? What manufacturer date would indicate the tractor was made for the 2020 season? Don’t want to purchase one that may have been sitting outside all winter. Thanks.

·
2,039 Posts
Also pop the hood and see... if it's been left outside for any length of time there will be signs that it was. Underneath, all around, look for rust starting, cobwebs, other debris.

Even if it wasn't... work a deal. ?

And welcome to MTF. ?

·
3,300 Posts
Hi and welcome to My Tractor Forum.....are they available at a discounted, or full price? Being that it is at HD it is hard to find someone with whom you can discuss "this year" compared to "last year" models and try to work a deal as suggested ....maybe ask for the store manager, he may have authority to negotiate...that being said...if the price seems fair or like a deal...go for it...it will be covered by the same guarantee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just grabbed a leftover yesterday, tag said 8/12/19 on it. Got an xt1 42 inch for 1049, marked down from 1699. Runs okay but the steering wheel is off about 40 degrees, both front wheels are straight and when driving straight the steering wheel is 40 degrees crooked. Otherwise seems like I got a good deal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just recently ask a worker at HD what they did with the dozens and dozens of snowblowers that they didn't sell this year and said they store them in the back till next year..!
How many time they keep doing this is anyone's guess. I do know I've seen weedwackers, chainsaws and such at local Ace stores that have a manufacturer date of 2-3 years old.
As long as models don't change they're good to go and the average consumer won't know...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts