My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some attachments for my Sears Suburbans in the past and thought I'd share a few pictures. I will start with a drawbar I made and add others as I get time to do so. Sears did offer a drawbar but I decided to make my own. Anybody have a Sears drawbar? How about one you fabricated?

Attachments

·
Sears Fan
1,281 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Whats the other bar on top of the draw bar?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the other bar on top of the draw bar?
I should have explained, the round bar is a blank or starting point for building another 3pt attachment. I used the round bar on some, others had lift arm connect pins attached to the implement framework.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some have already seen this attachment as I posted it before. It's a scarfer (that's what I call it) I built to brake up hardpak clay etc. so I can push it with the blade.

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Cool attachments, nice work. I stopped by your house to look at your ST-16 with my brother and dad a short while back. I'll have to stop by to see whats new the next time Im down that way. I just picked up a '67 Suburban 10. The last attachment looks similar to a cultivator.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool attachments, nice work. I stopped by your house to look at your ST-16 with my brother and dad a short while back. I'll have to stop by to see whats new the next time Im down that way. I just picked up a '67 Suburban 10. The last attachment looks similar to a cultivator.
I really enjoyed visiting with you guys and yes do stop when you're down this way again. You have a thread on your new tractor?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I look forward to following your thread!

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
I really enjoyed visiting with you guys and yes do stop when you're down this way again. You have a thread on your new tractor?
If I can I will try to bring a tractor too. Here is the new '67 10hp
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=210213

Here is the '78 GT/16 my brother ('68 Sears Super 12) got recently.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=209339

We have a couple resto threads of a couple others. If you would like to see those too I can post a link.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A composite photo; the drag (top) was already posted but w/o any note about the tooth angle being adjustable much like the Sears entry. The rear blade was fabricated using a grader blade from a DB walk behind and providing a greaseable swivel with stops for angle adjustment. The high boom allows 360 degree rotation for push or pull. The carry-all fashioned like those used on the Big Tractors has been a very handy attachment. It can be used like a fork-lift or with a wood platform or weight box. I’ve used in all three modes but most recently with the platform for hauling water drums to the garden and as a fork-lift to items out to the road for sale. The forks are taper cut so they slip under low loads easily. Most useful with the electric 3pt. for heavy items.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Next up is my fabricated dirt scoop with swivel pull tonge and clevis. I turned the Oak handles for it on a wood lathe. Not a 3 pt. attachment, rather, it is pulled by cable/chain behind the tractor and requires a second person to operate. The operator of the scoop had better know when to let go of the handles should he loose the advantage of leverage and go flying over top of the scoop, ouch. I think it is a one of a kind on this scale but similar scoops and board scrapers were used (possibly still are) with bigger tractors to cut ditches, dig ponds and move stone etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts