My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have 2 130Lb Wheel Weights off of a Case farm tractor.They are almost as big as the whole tire! Anyway. I was wondering... Will they work on a 782 Cub? I want to use them for plowing this winter as im not heavy enough and the tires just spin when they hit some heavy snow, and i didnt know if id break an axle or something with them on their. Im 140, so 400 lbs total. Is that too much or will it handle it?

Also i have some hydrolic oil-it is duch supreme. I didnt know if it would work in the tranny of not, or What to use. Going to napa tomorow to get a hydro filter. What oil do you all use? Thanks, mike.
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use Hy Tran in my 125 since that is the recommended trans fluid.

I hang about 150 lbs of weight off the back of the 125 when I snowblow. I weigh 205

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
the trans in that 782 should handle that weight no problem :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you all. I think ill go ahead and use them anyway... Sounds good to me, thanks

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I take it you're not mounting them on the wheels? If this is the case and you're concerned about the excess weight then start with one on the rear and add more if needed. If you are putting them on the wheels then the weight won't be on the rear axle bearings and should be no problem IMO.

Mike

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah they are going on the wheels. I figured i could snap an axle if pushing hard enough, but i think its tough enought to take the beating. That twin 17 kohler has the power, and im trying to figure out how to put a stack with a rain cap on it for looks. Any ideals?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Make sure the NAPA filter you get is a 1410.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just how exactly do you think you are going to mount those , and still be able to run chains ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah hold on and ill see if i can figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I run a LTX1045 all last winter with a home made box on the back. I have 3 solid concrete half blocks, and a patio block in the cage back there. I have not had any problems. I weigh in at around 225, and with chains on I can still spin the wheels if I push too hard. I try to clear when the snow gets around 5 to 6" deep, I figure I can have more fun that way......... I like the combination so much that I do my neighbor across the street, then the house just up from that. Both of those are very small, and I can clear them in about 10 minutes including driving time to, and from......... Lot of power in the 20 HP Kohler single.......... I installed a rubber belt edge for my scraper, and took off the feet it clears like a squeegee if you don't have wet snow, and run over it first.........

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kohler,

No disrespect meant here, (and I'm a happily married man of 23 years)... but I am a man's man :) so...

There is a question I've been meaning to ask you for some time now - that is...

How do we blow that tease of an avatar up to a larger size?!!! :):):)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahaha! Yah... Uhh... Im not sure but if you figure it out, im the first one your going to tell!! thanks for the responses guys. I am going to ace to get some bolts to bolt them up/ thanks again. Kohlerman.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts