My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
moriarity posted here on MTF trying to identify it before restoring.

Here's his MTF thread started back in April, with all of the speculation.

I think he said it is a Clinton engine, but never positively identified the unit's original brand, possibly a Wizard.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
Somebody posted that up about a month or 2 ago.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Nice restoration ? or is it a transformation ?:thThumbsU While its nice that an odd or rare machine has been saved from the scrap , its now too nice to ever be used again:crybaby::crybaby: So it will stay as a show piece for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Nice restoration ? or is it a transformation ?:thThumbsU While its nice that an odd or rare machine has been saved from the scrap , its now too nice to ever be used again:crybaby::crybaby: So it will stay as a show piece for the foreseeable future.
It could be used. Afterall, it's a custom, not a restoration (or in automotive terms, a resto-mod).

It was restored once, it could be restored again.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Don`t know how current the photos are but don`t think he planned on starting it, no fuel line from tank to carb. He did and outstanding job, only paint work problem is underside of deck where the bolt holes that hold on the motor, looks like it`s peeling around those holes.

I was going to say it`s a Clinton, had one on a mini bike, I built way back in the 60`s. I had trouble starting it once, was out in a state park on a dirt road. I removed the air filter and the carb faced the front tire. I got it running then took it for a spin. Dummy me, didn't put that air cleaner back on. The front tire picked up a small stone that got stuck under the throttle plate and held it wide open.

I was a teenager then and always like to drive that thing fast. But when you don`t have control of it, that a different story. I finally laid it over and hand choked it until it stopped running. I was asked to leave the park by the ranger even after explaining what happened. That was one heck of a ride let me tell you, didn't want to jump off because it might have hit someone, plus I was to scared too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts