My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm looking into cloning my 10515 into a 22241. I think I have all the parts rounded up to do so. Should be a cool machine - will look like a 22241 but will have a Walbro carb and choke.

Anyway, I noticed all the lawnboy decks have a hole near the grass chute that doesn't appear to have a purpose. On one of my mowers someone put a bolt through the hole, presumably to block it off.

I'm getting some minor work done on the deck and was thinking of having this welded up and filed down before I get it powdercoated. I dunno. Maybe I won't bother. It's a minor thing but it just looks kinda od.

Anybody know what the hole is there for?

·
Junk Whisperer
287 Posts
Could it be a 'maufacturing' hole? Maybe something to hang the deck by a fixture to assemble or paint it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That hole is where the steel mesh cover in the leaf shredder kit bolts to help cover the discharge port.That is what its for.
Okay, that makes sense. There are a couple of other unused holes, so I'll probably just leave this one alone. It just looks a little less finished than the others. You can see a hole towards the rear of the deck in the picture above that looks more like it belongs there because it has a flange cast into the material...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts