My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just purchased a used 2012 John Deere 1025R tractor. I need to purchase a rear hitch kit so I can hook up rear implements (such as a back blade). If I look at the John Deere Parts online store, the single parts add up to close to $800 John Deere Parts Catalog

Yet I see similar hitch kits online for $199 - $299. My tractor serial number fits into the "1025R Compact Utility Tractor ( -1LV1025RLHJ100000)(Worldwide Edition) - PC11842 " line of parts. There are also all kinds of other hitch parts for a 2" Reese hitch style connector (for example), quick load hitches, and all kinds of shapes and sizes. It is just confusing to me what to get in order to simply hook up a rear blade. The blade I have is a Country Line Blade for sub-compact tractors. I has a "Category 1 hookup and Category 0 spacing for sub-compact tractors (Category 1 pins included) ." I purchased a couple category 0 pins to switch out so it would fit a category 0 hitch.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can get a hitch kit for a reasonable cost? Should I be considering something other than a basic hitch kit? At this point I do not have plans for other than a back blade. Maybe a brush hog some day.

Thanks in advance for your smarts!
BIll

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. No, the tractor did not come with it. I bought it used and checked with the previous owner, and they said they never used any 3 point hitch attachments, and did not remember it coming with the hitch parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered a hitch kit from NEATFARMS.com
We shall see how it goes!

·
Premium Member
9,657 Posts
Saw one on Marketplace. I guess they take it off and lose them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts