My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
A few years ago I installed an ATV 2" hitch receiver on the back of my lawn tractor to enable me to pull boat and utility trailers. I got tired of using the wimpy hole underneath the hitch receiver to attach my sprayer, P17 trailer, detacher and roller so I put in a 2" ball mount without the ball. It works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've got the same hitch on my X530....you are right...it works great..

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
I basically do the same, but with a sleeve hitch adapter. Makes it a lot easier to swap out for a ball too.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the 2" ball also......excellent hitch...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm doing the same for my 345, have the receiver connected but still have a few other things to attach to it. Have a cargo shelf that i'm wanting to use for weight for the snow when plowing. Will add some pictures of progress.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just completed a suitcase weight mount to plug into the receiver. 2" square tubing, steel plate, a little welding and just plug it in. I hung 3 weights on it with no problem and I can quickly take it off if I need another attachment. Good luck on your build Scubawes345.

·
Premium Member
8,151 Posts
I just completed a suitcase weight mount to plug into the receiver. 2" square tubing, steel plate, a little welding and just plug it in. I hung 3 weights on it with no problem and I can quickly take it off if I need another attachment. Good luck on your build Scubawes345.
...must...attach...pics...

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, to start I ordered the wrong part so i had to fix it but now it is working like a charm. I bought a pintle hitch instead of a receiver hitch, so i cut the main piece off and welded a sleeve over the end and mounted that. I think i got a better hitch as it is longer than the others that i was looking at. my next part is to add a faux roll bar so i can add some lights and a few other things. work in progress, will add info as I add to the project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts