My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GTH2654 - the real garden tractor. Does anyone know where I can find a 1&7/8 inch ball that will fit the rear hole? I'm looking to use the tractor to pull a wood splitter.

I was at my local shop getting ready to buy the splitter. They had all the husky tractors. I was shocked to see the rear tow plate was so cheap. Mine has a sold plate of steel.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Is the hole in the rear hitch smaller than the standard size shank on the 1 7/8" ball? If not, any retailer or parts place that carries any kind of stock of towing supplies should be able to fix you right up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. I'm hoping the hole is 3/4inch. I was able to get a ball. I really like that sears hitch. I'm only plannig on towing the splitter. Since the splitter works vertically, I might not need the leveler. If I do, at least I know I don't have to fabricate something.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I just bought two 1-7/8" balls with a 5/8 shaft from Tractor Supply Online site

I use the 1-7/8" ball for moving all my trailers .. with the 2" and 2-5/16 ball mounts .. JUST make sure there is some tongue weight .. or you could lose the trailer real easy

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I like to keep mine hitched up all the time that I'm using it so it was important to me that it sit high enough. Also, on mine the pump hangs pretty low to the ground and I wouldn't want it any lower.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
I have a GTH2654 - the real garden tractor. Does anyone know where I can find a 1&7/8 inch ball that will fit the rear hole? I'm looking to use the tractor to pull a wood splitter.

I was at my local shop getting ready to buy the splitter. They had all the husky tractors. I was shocked to see the rear tow plate was so cheap. Mine has a sold plate of steel.
Shameless plug....

Story HERE...

Interesting in purchasing something like this? We are thinking about going into some sort of limited production. Does the back plate of your Husqvarna look like my Craftsman?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
I have a GTH2654 - the real garden tractor. Does anyone know where I can find a 1&7/8 inch ball that will fit the rear hole?
Dang,all this time I thought "real garden tractors" had 2" balls,mine does.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
Shameless plug....

Story HERE...

Interesting in purchasing something like this? We are thinking about going into some sort of limited production. Does the back plate of your Husqvarna look like my Craftsman?
Nice product. It would not fit on my 2008 DGS6500. The back plate on mine is more verticle. Yours has a shallower angle to it.

I'd look at some of the most popular version and make versions for each. I'd buy one for mine if it didn't get over 50.00. Set yourself up with an ebay store with a buy it know price.

I think theres real demand for something like you got there. Something I was thinking about. Suprised brinley or someone does not make a simple bolt on/slideon hitch reciever like yours to help better spread out the load/stress on the admitedly flimsy rear stamped steel on these budget GT's.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pocket,

I'd be interested in buying somthing like that too. How much?

Stopped by tractor supply. They had the 5/8 shank - bought the last one.
I could spend a few hours and a few thousand dollars real easy in that store.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you have a hitch ball and are happy with the height that you will end up with once attached...... if the shank on the hitch ball is slightly bigger than the hitch hole on the tractor............. why not just make the hole bigger?????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts