My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I can't seem to find this one; Does the roll pin on the actuator shaft for the hi/lo range go in front of or behind the shift handle? Reason I ask; My roll pin is behind the attachment point of the handle. The very first time I tried hi range the handle went limp in my hand [email protected]#$% I look down and the actuator rod was there, but just rotated itself such that the attachment point flopped downward (real easy to just reattach). To add to my joy at the moment, this was the first time I mashed the brake HARD (I didn't stop BTW). Doing so caused the little parking brake rod to retract itself totally behind the firewall such that the brake pedal would not release. :banghead3 I said to myself... Self? What have you done THIS time. :crybaby: That was an easy fix too, but I assume I still need to adjust the brake so that it can't actuate the linkage that far. I actually have the original ops and deck manual, but they are very basic. No in-depth info at all.

Joel

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
JMoe,
I have removed and replaced enough of them that it should not be question, but alas- - - I am almost positive the roll pin goes toward the front of the tractor.

Yes, adjust the brake! <G>

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's odd on mine. It looks like the roll pin is set too far back to even get the shift lever over it.

Joel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts