My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im at a lost, My 16 hp tecumseh OHV surburban will run at high idel when choked, but When I push the choke in it wants to die. It also seems to die when Im runing the mower, twice Iv done two passes in my hard and it just die. Thinking I need a carb kit, I just put a new fuel pump on it. Maybe theres some muck in the carb. Iv cleaned it three times but maybe I need to let it soak a couple days in somthing. Any Ideas???

·
Registered
378 Posts
You need to give more info about what engine is in there. It will help get you answers. Could be fuel pump related or a clogged fuel line to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like your float level is off, your fuel pump is not pumping enough fuel, or your fuel flow is restricted coming out of the fuel tank. Have you put on a new fuel filter? Did you put it in the line backwards? It sounds like you are sucking air, instead of fuel. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Guys he running a 77 Tec OH 160 most likely with a Walbro LMH carb. Sounds like she's starving for fuel indicated by having to have choke on. Either you have a restriction somewhere or float level is off causing it to shut fuel off to early or pump not working right. You may have to clean entire system front to back. Once you get rebuild kit, it should tell you how to set everything for initial start-up, then you should be able to just fine tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts