My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this option look like on an earlier 60's landlord?

I am looking at an old non-running landlord 64 and looking for a reason to justify buying it.

Currently does not run...missing the hood....may be other parts....good news is the attachments look to be in good shape.....

Sickle mower, blower, and deck look to be in good shape.....

What is something like this worth??

Sorry guys I am usually looking for yanmars....this one is new to me....

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
With those attachments in good shape, I'd say resale on them would be between $400-700. Depends where you are too...here, a deck can be had for $50, sometimes free. I see them on ebay for $250 sometimes. I've never even paid for one. I bought my sicklebar for $120...seen them go for $350+. I can't squeeze more than $200 out of a blower, and usually just move them out @ $150 to open up garage space, but other folks get $300 for one.

I'd try for half of what you think it's worth, that way, if it turns into a money pit, there's wiggle room to get out of it =] Just kinda the way I think of buying them.

Here's what the HiLo looks like...

·
Old Iron 1%er
873 Posts
I wonder if my B10 has that... no lever on the right side of the console though...

·
Registered
179 Posts
TMG, how did you beat me! I just looked and there were no replies!!!

OP, Talentedmrgreen has a good knowledge of attachment and tractor worth, he has about a million tractors and attachments, seems like he comes up with a new one every day!

~Ed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...great info.....will have to decide what I am going to do....leaning toward waiting at this point...he was wanting $500 Does not have the hi-lo pulley.....I also have seen comments about a 540 pto option?? front rear?? which area would the optional one be??

Just getting my feet wet with these simplicity's.....like what I am seeing....was dabbling in mf's and yanmars....restoring a sears craftsman 65 that had a fiberglass hood....pretty rare mower .....so I decided to start with it.....a 64 landlord will probably be another project if I find the right one.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Here's a few photos I stole from the net...they will mount to any Simp/Allis machine with proper belt length.

They are NOT intended for running 540 3pt attachments, but rather, for powering a grain elevator, cment mixer, generator, etc. Im shopping for log splitter components to fab a 540 run splitter for intermittent use after storms (we always get a tree down)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!! Great info! From my memory this gt did not have either of these.....that would have helped seal the deal for me.

Again....great info....I am now officially looking for a nice 1964 Landlord.....prefer one in good shape....I live in the Carolinas but do travel from GA to Pa now and then.....if anyone has one in good shape let me know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
What is good shape?! I have a 64' 725, in good shape, but in pieces!!! All the parts are there, just needs to be put together! Great little project!

:trink39:

~Ed

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
Again, location can mean a lot when it comes to what folks are willing to pay for these, but I personally would keep shopping. Aside from the sicklebar, their isn't anything there that sounds too awfully desirable. If/when I hit the $500 mark on a package deal, it's usually at least 3 attachments on a nice running, solid machine, many times with hydrolift.

That's an important component to mention as well. If you're new to these machines, the hydrolift option is highly desirable, and incredibly functional. A kit from a parts tractor can run $200-400, and is often the sole reason for picking up a non-running machine. If you have that on your tractor, $500 begins to sound much more reasonable.

This is what you'd be looking for...the telltale on most craigslist ads, is the absences of a manual lift lever in photos that may not clearly show the hydrolift unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts