My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am the owner of a 10304 and recently I picked up a 10324 from Craigslist. Glad I stumbled across this site on Google.

My 10304 has some slight surging and has become increasingly unresponsive to the throttle lever. Rpms seem down also. Took off carb and cleaned it reinstalled it and was of little help. Where can I get a carb gasket set so I can be sure I don't have any leaks? Ebay? Anyone have a recommended ebayer? Also if I am standing in front of the mower looking down can I give it a couple clicks to bring up the rpms (clockwise or counter clockwise?)

The 10324 I just got -owner mentioned it won't start. Said last time he used it it was running it "just died...and wouldn't restart". It doesn't seem to be getting any spark. Is this the part I need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-Lawnboy-ignition-coil-for-99-2911-99-2916_W0QQitemZ120423108541QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c09c6cfbd&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

and is this Ebayer a good place to get my carb gasket for the V engine 10304 as well?

Thanks for any help.

Additionally I want to install an inline fuel filter on the prime bulb and fuel filter and shut off valve on the main line. Where is the best place to get these parts?

As soon as it stops raining I'll post pics of my lawn boy herd!!
Glad to be aboard.

-George

·
Registered
388 Posts
:MTF_wel: You'll find a lot of Lawnboy fans here. I believe that is the right coil for your 10324. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to comfirm this. :wwp: Get some pics on here soon!

·
4,275 Posts
Welcome to MTF George.
I think you should give it some time.
Give the guys time to help you out with information.
In the interim, check out Active Topics.
Again, welcome.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel: George !, can't help with your problems, but wanted to say Howdy and Welcome aboard :).

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I'll get some pictures as soon as the monsoon passes (who would think it rained THIS much in Pittsburgh). Glad to be aboard.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
That seller has been great. We've gotten coils from him before and have had no problems.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seller has been great. We've gotten coils from him before and have had no problems.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you! Any advice on where to get carb base/gaskets for my 10304? Has anyone ever run into problems with these plastic carbs not sealing well even with new gaskets?

Mine runs all full throttle (with a slight surge now) and I even pushed it into choke and it didn't stall or change much-except a consistant slight surge. Seems to me I have a leak somewhere-thinking I need to gaskets to reseal the carb...?

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum, there are lots of folks here that can help you down the road to LB haven.

You are correct on the ebay coil, that is the right one. Also check that the engine kill contacts on the side of the engine are functioning correctly, I had one that didn't and it wouldn't allow the coil to work.

Any Lawn-Boy dealer should be able to get the carb parts you need for the 10304. I would get a new float and fuel inlet valve assembly also as they are often the cause of flooding.

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Welcome, GTP. Glad you found us and jumped in. You'll get plenty of info around here.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
:MTF_wel:

You could try the baking method on your old coil. I did it to about 6 coils and 5 out of 6 work! just set the oven to around 275 and wrap it in foil and put it in for about an hour or more just to remove any moisture out of the coil. Hope all goes well!!!!! :goodl:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I will use all the suggestions on here for my 10304 and now to begin to get the 10324 running. The 10304 was a lot further gone than the 10324 when I got it so I hope to have the big guy up and running soon.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

You could try the baking method on your old coil. I did it to about 6 coils and 5 out of 6 work! just set the oven to around 275 and wrap it in foil and put it in for about an hour or more just to remove any moisture out of the coil. Hope all goes well!!!!! :goodl:

Wrapping it in foil would hold the moisture in. You want it out. I might set it on foil but not wrap it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
usually i just set it in some foil and wrap the wires just so they dont burn

·
Registered
656 Posts
:MTF_wel: .......this is the place.....you'll get educated here.....and remember that...:wwp: all the time.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:MTF_wel: .......this is the place.....you'll get educated here.....and remember that...:wwp: all the time.
Thanks! I have learned a bit already. Got my fuel filter and fuel cut off for both 'boys today and the weather went sunny-so I shot out with the 304 and tweak the carb a couple clicks up on the RPMs and switched the plug back to the RJ12c re-gapped at .030 and ....no more surge.!! Runs clean and strong.

The 304 is about as exciting as a date with a sister :Disgus: but it'll do now that it is running like new and until the 324 is back up and running. I foresee myself getting dirty with that one over the weekend.

Pictures soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts