My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used Toro with a Kohler 20hp Courage motor and am having some problems. My son was mowing and it just quit. I have tried to start but it just spins and spins and sometimes it will pop a time or two just to tease me.
The motor has about 20 hours but is a rebuilt short block. I sprayed fuel in the carb and nothing. The spark plug is dry and is sparking. I took the seal off the fuel shut off solenoid to make sure I was getting fuel to the carb,

any help will be appreciated.

Mike

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Mike, good to have you with us and hopefully some of guys in the know on this will be along with some advice before long :fing32:.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Mike, good to have you with us and hopefully some of guys in the know on this will be along with some advice before long :fing32:.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading a few forums and this seems to be the most knowledgeable.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I last night I took the spark plug out and noticed it was not wet. I thought with all the spinning of the motor it would be wet and it was completely dry.
I also tried some starting fluid and got just a few pops to tease me.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the valve cover off this morning and the intake rocker arm was off the push rod and the push rod was flopping around. Unbelievable ! Anyway, I tightened everything back up and it runs like it should.

Mike

·
16,801 Posts
Glad you learned something and fixed it...Makes you feel proud...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts