My Tractor Forum banner

Hi all

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Ted from mcgrady 
#1 ·
Names Ted and have a old IH farm alls 284 tractor .Had it a while and broke muffler off .Tractor has mazda moter.Part numbers Ive found are 1004728C2 and 1062501C1 any help would be much appreciated . If this should not be included in welcome post please delete it tks Ted

#8 ·
The part in question on my md bolts to manifold is square turning into
a threaded pipe when it got broke it took most threaded with it got the broken threads out ,wasnt enough threads to screw back on ..I could weld together or just have pice muffler pipe cut to length and clamp on , Was hoping to keep tractor original for as long as possible.part 6 or 17 can be used.

#11 ·
Have you tried placing a "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse..?? TractorHouse.com | Used Tractors For Sale: John Deere, Case IH, New Holland, Kubota. Open this link, look in the red column at left, third item down. You'll need to register with the site, give contact info, and fill out your want list with part number, and description of part.

Lots of smaller salvage dealers, and people that have usable parts up for sale. Works a lot like the old tele-type search for auto parts, like Junkyard Dog.

Response time I have gotten was within 1 hour, up to 36 hours. It's free, and takes less than 10 minutes to set up the search. I've purchased many hard to find parts here, for my older machinery. Pretty sure sellers give a customer satisfaction guarantee. You'll speak directly to the seller, not some middle man.

#12 ·
Have you tried placing a "want to buy" ad on TractorHouse..?? TractorHouse.com | Used Tractors For Sale: John Deere, Case IH, New Holland, Kubota. Open this link, look in the red column at left, third item down. You'll need to register with the site, give contact info, and fill out your want list with part number, and description of part.

Lots of smaller salvage dealers, and people that have usable parts up for sale. Works a lot like the old tele-type search for auto parts, like Junkyard Dog.

Response time I have gotten was within 1 hour, up to 36 hours. It's free, and takes less than 10 minutes to set up the search. I've purchased many hard to find parts here, for my older machinery. Pretty sure sellers give a customer satisfaction guarantee. You'll speak directly to the seller, not some middle man.
Ive tried another site for that. will do this one also .tks

#13 ·
Try here to see if they have it on a parts tractor. Not sure but I think they have someone that for a price will go remove it and send it to you. If not send me a private conversation and we can discuss. They are close to where I have relatives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.