26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little more about me... I restore a 1957 Farmall 130 and sold it when we moved a few years ago. in N0vember of 2007 I purchased a 1948 Farmall H that wife's great grandfather purchased new. IT was in a sad mess. Sat like this for 35 years, with a burn exhaust valve ( I learned when I got it running).

It took about 3 hours to break the engine loose and get it running, on 3 cylinders. Here is my youngest son an I with it running...

After a year an a half, this is it.

It will be at the Lanesville Heritage Weekend in Lanesville, IN again this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My latest project is this one. It's a B.F. Avery Model A. It belongs to my youngest son, who is 11. We are trying to get the engine broke loose to also get it to Lanesville. It sat in a barn for about 30 years and was running fine when it was parked. Here it is in November 2007 when we pulled it out of the barn.

It also was owned by my wife's grandparents. I'm suspecting it is at least a 1946 model because it does not have a magneto. However there is too much paint on the frame to find a serial number yet. I know it should be red, but apparently yellow was handy when it came time to paint it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts