My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,533 Posts
i wish i could do it, but in our area the payback would be a LONG time coming. the state of MS does not give any incentives, and there is no state interconnection mandate. so the POCO can basically make it impossible to grid tie. we use way too much electricity to make going off grid possible, the 2 HVAC systems would require a huge system.

we don't get enough wind for wind power, nor sun during winter for solar. or at least according to all the sites i have checked out about it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thats great, I had wanted to try something with solar, just have never have. What are some general costs for startup on something like that? I am worried because of high winds when hurricanes come through.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great, I had wanted to try something with solar, just have never have. What are some general costs for startup on something like that? I am worried because of high winds when hurricanes come through.
We get a few Hurricanes also / Tropical storms Here on the East Coast I have mine facing South The panels are Hurricane proof & Hail Proof There tough plus My wind turbine is rated for 110 mile an hour winds My system wont run my My Hvac or my water heater But it will run all the neccesities like ceiling fans TV Lights Computers Refigerator & Microwave It is nice so when the power goes out Kow propane Bill Or running to a gas station for gas for generator

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
I was just thinking.. Your youngn must be getting big by now.. Is your little one trying to take over your JD yet?? I'm going to check out those sites... My wife and I would like to do a small set up here at this house, then a whole home set up for the next house.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just thinking.. Your youngn must be getting big by now.. Is your little one trying to take over your JD yet?? I'm going to check out those sites... My wife and I would like to do a small set up here at this house, then a whole home set up for the next house.
Oh yeah Buddy she will be 2 in a couple weeks I love My solar setup Buddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts