My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the week of the fabulous event known as "HERSHEY". For the uninitiated, Hershey is simply one of the largest antique/collector car event in the world. There will be ten thousand of vendors, about 1500 cars for sale in the car corral, and the judged car show on Saturday tops over 1000 of the finest restored cars anywhere.
It starts Wed the 5th and concludes on Sat the 9th.
I set up my 5ver on a lot by the Hershey American Legion. ( tow vehicle is a '94 Ford ext cab 2 tone diesel with Maryland Plates) If you are in the area, stop over any evening to say "hi", and sit a spell.

Anyone looking for hard-to-find parts and can't make it, I'll be happy to look for you, call you and put you in touch with the seller. Always make the flea market more enjoyable to look for rare stuff.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fowler....I love Hershey.........But I havnt been there for a couple of years.....I dont remember do they have a lawn mower section........If they do I might go down......Thanks for your time........John.........:fing32: :fing32: :trink39:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I live reasonable close and I try to get to the show every few years.
I hadn't thought about it until now but I wonder what problems the extreme flooding last month will cause for the show. Most of the fields where the show is held were wrecked or literally washed away. There is still standing water in some areas and even if not, I'm sure it will still be too muddy for a show. The entire Hershey area got hit hard.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live reasonable close and I try to get to the show every few years.
I hadn't thought about it until now but I wonder what problems the extreme flooding last month will cause for the show. Most of the fields where the show is held were wrecked or literally washed away. There is still standing water in some areas and even if not, I'm sure it will still be too muddy for a show. The entire Hershey area got hit hard.
Not a problem.
A few years ago they have moved all the flea market vendors to paved areas---from all around the stadium, across Chocolate World, and them all around the Giant Center. No more mud!!!
Also, I was there for the RV show 2 weeks ago and the flooding was not an issue. There was some damage still visible in the amusement park, itself, and some places were closed, but no problem for the flea market.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fowler....I love Hershey.........But I havnt been there for a couple of years.....I dont remember do they have a lawn mower section........If they do I might go down......Thanks for your time........John.........:fing32: :fing32: :trink39:
No lawn mower "section". They have a rule that all vendors must be "car-related", but that doesn't prevent vendors from selling non-auto stuff, as long as there is some auto stuff. You never know what you might see/ find.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Yeah the flooding is a non issue for the Giant center and parking lots. The campers are rolling in already. Some classic cars at the hotels too. Its a great time to live around here and go to the show if you don't mind the traffic :fing32:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well "Hershey 2011' is almost over. Its been a great show; weather couldn't have been better. Saw lots of cool stuff--How many of you have ever seen a Dual Ghia? I saw 4 up here.
Also saw some Y Block stuff--a couple of heads and some internals, but not much.

One guy had a DAF 2 cylinder 4 stroke for sale. Its an Air-cooled 4 stroke with something over 24 HP. It was REAL tempting to buy it to stuff into my cub 782--air cooled, powerful enough, looks to be easy to mount the PTO etc, but there were too many "unknowns" to pull the trigger. Still tempting.
Tomorrow I will watch the trailer queens come off their trailers and drive onto the show field. Then a little more time in the flea market, and pack up the trailer and leave for home.
Only 51 weeks until Hershey 2012 rolls around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts