My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oooooppppppps!, yesterday I did a stupid I fully expected to happen sooner or later. I keep my BX24 in a big shed with a 7' overhead door. Thus far I've always remembered to fold down the ROPS by stopping short of the ramp I built up to the door opening. However this time I had a dolly laying in the shed I needed to move before going all the way in so to save a few steps I drove part way into the shed without stopping.....except for the sudden stop that happened when the ROPS took out the trim board at the top of the door jamb....lol. Fortunately I only lack about 1 inch of clearance. Being I was going at a snail crawl the impact must have lowered the tires enough to slide under the door jamb and get stuck between the jamb and overhead door hurting nothing but the piece of trim board. Took another hour to dismantle the door jamb but it coulda been worser.......here's yer sign!:fing20:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Ouch !, yep could have been worse though, glad you, the building, and the tractor came away from this experience all ok :fing32:.

·
Registered
309 Posts
2 things....

When the bikes are mounted on my truck, it's too tall to go in the garage, even with an 8' door.

As a reminder not to drive in, when we load the bikes, I hang a piece of bright green surveyor's tape from the door right where I see it when the door goes up.

Second, Mother and Dad had an Explorer motorhome that almost fit in their garage. Dad sawed a removable piece out of the trim to clear the roof vent so he could put the moho in the garage.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm still waiting for that to happen to me. The shed that my B2620 is normally kept in has a short door and barely fits. I don't even want to see whats gonna happen when I forget! Or forget to duck!

Brad

·
Registered
515 Posts
Years ago I purchased a new topper for my PU. I asked the dealer how long he thought the tailgate would hold up to a lot of use. He said "until you back out of the garage with it up!
He was right :crybaby: POOP happens!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts