My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new to me 430. I have mowed with it 3 times now and I just love this thing. I purchased this to fix and sell but I am thinking its staying put! Almost leaves as good of a finish as my cub zero turn. 1367436668566.jpg

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Looks good. Interesting mower set up.

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
A man has GOT TO HAVE TOYS

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Congrats, thats a fine looking machine, the finish mower is a different touch as well, very nice :).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have posted before about this 430, I got a GREAT deal on it. It did need some work. Front input shaft seal being the worse. It was some friends grandpas he passed several years ago and they ended up buying 2 zero turns. They didn't want to put any money in this "old" tractor. They told me $1000 for the tractor and mower. I was like a kid getting a new toy. Well when I went to pick it up they needed 2 ztr serviced for season and 1 push mower. So we agreed I would service mowers and they would knock $250 off price! Plus the cost of parts. So basically I got it for $750. Then 2 days later I found a blade and mount w/tire chains for $350. I feel I could get an easy $3000 if I decide to sell it? Oh it only has 1000 hours on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I just talked to a guy in Portland, Oregon who told me he recently bought a 430 with 1500 hours on it for $5k. I think it came with a blade. He loves it.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Super Moderator
33,790 Posts
wow now that is a nice outfit, I always wondered how good the 260 deck mowed; looks like a golf course!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sweeeet machine !!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great setup and a definite keeper for sure. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Very nice! :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
I like it! Especially the finish mower. How does it handle the turns?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It turns fine. The 3pt. Is adjusted so the front rollers do not contact the ground. Taking some getting used to, a little hard to mow around trees and other obstacles. Really wish it had a belly mower BUT can I really complain?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you guys serious? Holy cow. Ridiculous. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF ONE OVER THE OTHER

I can only guess if you run a lot of implements off the rear PTO it's easier to change em out...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts