My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever run across this?

Rim is cutting a groove into the end of the motor...not very much end play on the axle that would normally cause something like this.. Wrong rims maybe?

:dunno:

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked it up about a week ago. All I've done is use it.

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not bent the wear on the rim is even the whole way around, Lug bolts where tight, and the rims won't fit on the tractor any other way..

·
That Guy
1,162 Posts
Looks like they're on backwards. The shallow side of the rim faces inward unlike anything else ever made- it boggled my mind at first.

Flip the rim around and fix the problem!

See what I mean? It's an odd setup...

Be sure to change your fluids, especially the hydraulic, and grease your fittings.

Very handsome tractor!

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I looked at em a little more this morning and figured they must be backwards .

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works good now, Thanks for the second and 3rd opinions.

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Huh! Itsa not possible to flip 'em back and forth? On JD's you have your choice of 'regular" or "Wide Stance".

·
World Famous VF-14
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guess not, I guess the backspacing is almost centered, but one side looked deeper due to the center of the wheel being welded closer to one side of the wheel. but due othe dish of the center, the depth of the hub varies only slightly , Once I installed the wheel the correct way it still only had just a tiny more bit of clearance but plenty enough not to rub.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
There must have been a slight wooble in that rim where it hit the motor. Otherwise it would seem the wheel would not turn when bolted up ....

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
With that drag I'd think it would have been locked up.
You'd think the wheel is at least deformed now if not bent.
Since it's been repainted who's to say it's even the factory Case rim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts