My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent half the day in the yard yesterday.. felt good to actually do some yard work even if it was in the pouring rain.. :bonk:

nothing major.. or even fun... mostly weeding flower beds and transplantiing..and more weeding and more transplanting.. then more weeding... ect

Im still accumulating stuff for spring flower planting..

as my g/f calls it.. 'her flowers'

Im not sure how she gets to lay claim on them? Me and the dogs have made about 12 trips to the local nursery places to buy them.. I weed for them.. I plant them, I fertilize, I mulch, re-weed and water them.. but for some reason they are 'her flowers'... ROF no big deal.. i enjoy doing it..

at present her tulips are about gone by... her daffodils are still out but nearing their end... her magnolias are looking pretty good..

her lilacs are just starting to come out.. should be in prime in about a week - if it ever turns sunny

and her crab apple trees are about a week or so till prime too..

Ive bought a ton of annuals but still have not planted them.. i think monday is the full moon.. its gonna be cloudy and i wont need to worry about a frost anyway... so ill plant 'her' annuals some time this week..

Yesterday I transplanted a small rose of sharon tree
and transplanted 7 of 'her' peoni bushes...

peonis are my g/f's favorite flowers.. i had them planted 6 bushes way out back but she wanted 'her' flowers closer.. ROF

i figured with all the rain.. and cool weather.. it would be a good time to move the bushes..

I am still considering relocating 'her' 6 rose of sharon treees/bushes from in front of my house to another spot.. but if i do that it will be in the fall...

she said "she'd" like to plant something else in front of the house...

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Sounds like your enjoying "her" flowers! :D I'm partial to Impatiens myself. They are my favorite full shade flowers.

Here's a pic, but this was near the end of the growing season so they were getting tired.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
"Im not sure how she gets to lay claim on them? "

Surely thoust Jest!! ROF ROF ROF :trink39:

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Well all i have to do with the wifes flowerbeds is to haul the dirt and manure and mulch to the beds. She does everything till sees a snake then i have to kill it before she will go back to working. ;)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
You guys are truely making me so sad. My wife does not allow me in her plantings. She is over the edge with perrenials, somewhere over 400 varieties, plus any herb, spice, fern, lichen, moss, or bulb flower she can grow. At the present time there are 19 beds plus a large "kitchen Garden". My part is hauling in truckloads of topsoil, mulch, manure, compost, and decreative elements. Last week I brought her two full loads of compost and dumoed in a pile, it is all gone and I did not move even one shovel full.
The Girl has a green thumb on both hands that goes to her elbows. I did a tear-out on a row of privit hedge for a customer today. The bride was up in my truck with her garden fork and took about 150 shoots. Then planted them nursery style in a fresh bed. She wants to line the horse path to the pasture with them next year.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
My wife and I just had this discussion earlier today. For two weeks now she has been saying how "she" is going to dig and divide "her" hostas. Well, two weeks later, "her" hostas are still sitting right where they've always been.

So, while taking a break from some seat time today, I ask her about "her" hostas, and when she is going to dig and divide them...

Her reply... "Oh, I thought if I just talked about it enough, I'd come home one day and find them already done..."

I'm the consummate lower body part though! :D Before I had even read this posting, I told her "Hey, they're YOUR hostas, and you need to learn how to take care of them!"

For some reason, she didn't like that answer...

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
911radioman said:
I told her "Hey, they're YOUR hostas, and you need to learn how to take care of them!"
Tom.. be sure to post next week and tell us when you finally get a chance to divide up 'her' hostas... ROF

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
jodyand said:
Well all i have to do with the wifes flowerbeds is to haul the dirt and manure and mulch to the beds. She does everything till sees a snake then i have to kill it before she will go back to working. ;)
Ha Ha...does that ever sound familiar!! :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Paul

That seems like a great deal cause you can hide anything you want in there. I may have to get some bees :fing02:

Andy

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
911radioman said:
Of course, you guys do realize that she was extremely proud of me for posting this, and as a result, I am sleeping on the couch tonight... ROF ROF ROF

So did ya have to sleep on the couch :D

·
bitter old man
135 Posts
simple-- she gets away with claiming she likes "her peonies, petunias, roses , shrubs trees, crabapples etc. -- younger men such as yourself have a yearning that you like forces you into the yard to do yardwork------------- bigl22-- --

1 - 16 of 16 Posts