My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone; I need a replacement carb for my 1998 Snapper 825 RER. I have wrestled w/ this for about a week w/ no success. So I'm hoping someone might have an answer. My engine is an 8hp Briggs Easy Rider.
Model 195707
Type 016101
Code 9701 O6YD
For the life of me I can't find any serial # on the engine. Have degreased it and looked everywhere. I have found similar ones on ebay and Amazon but they have different linkages. Never had a clue there are so many different types of carbs out there. As you can see it is an LMT carb. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Below is a link to an Amzaon replacement carb for under $20. "Walbro LMT 5-4993": Hope this is what you need.
By the way, have you tried to use the straw on a can of brake kleen or carb cleaner to flush out all of the passages and internal fuel circuits on your existing carb? Follow up with some compressed air. For a few dollars for cleaner at the auto parts store, you might find your carb working again if it is not physically damaged. Good luck.

Reactions: skipper 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doesn't appear to be damaged. just bought the riding mower a couple of weeks ago. I believe it sat outside for awhile as the carb. had something like rust in it. Also had something like mineral deposits in it. I soaked it for 5 days in blaster then a commercial lube meant for that purpose. After all that the seat and main jet in the emulsion tube refused to budge even after heating lightly with a propane torch and blowing out w/ compressed air.
I checked out the Amazon carb in the link and it appears to be the same as mine with the exception of the slot on the face of the throttle end - mine has two. Would that make any difference? Thanks for your reply Alien.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Hope you find a reasonable replacement carb. I sent the link as an example of the prices on carbs, there are several sources all at lower than $70 bucks. This one shows as a direct replacement for the Walbro model shown in your picture

I don't know why that "eyebrow" slot is there, it doesn't look like it goes anywhere. If this were an injection molded plastic part, I'd say the slot was there to control shrinkage distortion, but the carb should be aluminum. I believe the mounting gaskets cover it anyway so it is doubtful that it impacts anything.

Let us know how its going.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts