My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jacobson chief 1000....53039 7648...any1 can help,appreciate it,paid 150.00 for it and its all original and runs great...ty all

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 1968 10hp. All original and runs great? You got a GREAT deal.
Post some pics.
tyvm neil j......yes its all original,mechanically sound,no leaks no smoke..drove it around the yard..sat for 10yrs i was told and i got with mower deck with it..only thing missing is shifter knob and pto/clutch knob...stripping it down for paint right now..any idea on paint #'s...ppg/ditzer says 69916 for orange but white i dont find and are the 4 chrome hubs caps standard issue?

·
Plain Old MTF Member
216 Posts
Keep an eye on E-bay for parts. Jacobsen built the Fords of similar years and models.
Jacobsen orange is available in spray can but I have paid $11.95 per can. I purchased it from Horst Distributing in Chilton, Wisconsin but any Ransomes Jacobsen parts dealer should have it. They (Horst) told me that the "white" is not white. I slowly peeled off one of the hood decals and it revealed the original paint color unblemished by the sun and grime. I eventually found that "ivory" is a very close if not exact match to the original color.
Chrome wheel covers were an option. You got pretty lucky there too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts