My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
Have been looking on this cool forum for info on a Sears 48" snow blower that came with my Sears lawn tractor.

The problem is that I never got the hardware that attaches the blower to the tractor in the front. It weights a bunch and I would think that it has some sort of spring counter item to help take the front load.

The blower seems to be a craftsman/Haban mdl.# 842.242561 two stage. The Sears tractor is Kohler Pro 24 V twin, front decal "GT", mdl. # 917.273223.

I bought these items used, tractor has 236 hours on the clock, blower in VG shape, no damage.

If anyone has a picture of the front mounting parts or know where one can get them it would be great. Of coarse Sears has no listing anymore.

I do have one rear left side mount bracket, chute crank handle w/mount, raise/lower handle on right, and some small little hang bracket on the blower.
There is a bracket on the bottom front of the tractor frame which looks to be different from what would hook to a snow blower. Looks more like a item for a push plow?

Thanks to all of your super info on the larger tractors. I also have two JD's, mdl. 40 standard, 420c with reverser, cletrack, and a m-29c Weasel.

Great sight, thanks again

Kent

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
Hi, wish I could help but I am unfamiliar with your setup. Just wanted to say welcome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased the blower and mower used and never got any of the owners manuals. I managed to find a break down of the blower and can see what parts I would have to make to mount the unit.
Thanks for the help

Kent

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I picked up a Craftsman single stage blower this past spring, also missing some parts. Price was right, though.
I was going to put the blower on a 1984 LT4000, BUT, I have decided against it. I'm afraid that the weight of the unit will do more harm to the front end of the tractor than any good.
Depending on what tractor you have, installing a snowblower might not be a good idea.
Just my 3 cents worth (adjusted for inflation).

·
Registered
31 Posts
The link I gave you is the Manual for your tractor.
Click on it to open and then do a file, save and you will have your manual.

I think some pics of the front of your tractor and the snowblower would help considerably.

Some blowers mount with a underframe carriage (4 mounting points) like the one I have installed on mine.
Others mount with a oh what do ya call it a quick attach setup or something like that. and would utilize brackets on the front of the tractor like I mentioned in my first post (part 43 on page 38 of your manual)

So which blower do you have ??? I cannot find a manual for it given the part # maybe someone else can
a picture is worth 1,000 words :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rocvert

Thanks for the down load on that manual. I have it saved and will look it over for doing drive belt replacement.

You and others are a great help, thanks again

Kent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts