My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having a HUGE problem with redirects the last month or so. Ive run spybot, and Malwarebytes, and run AVG AV. Still having the problem, and they find nothing. Can anyone give be some advice on action to take to stop it!!!

It acts up worse when Im searching. You go to Google, and click the link, and it redirects to some add page. Some times it opens a secon window when you go to a web page. Any ideas??/

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Sounds like your browser is hijacked. Or, you could try another DNS. Try using Google DNS. Just follow the direction in the link.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
ya, I updated them before running them.

Any other good Malwere programs?
Google "google redirects" it if you can. There are lots of removal tools regarding this particular issue, but I have no idea which ones are the most effective, or legit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the same problem a while back. I use IE 8 also. I googled "why am i getting redirected?" and it came up with a bunch of sites to go to. I can't remember what it was that I had to download, but it fixed it. Good luck, I know how you feel!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had the same prob

Downloaded google chrome.
Deleted IE 8
Downloaded IE fresh install.
Done
Still use google,seems like less issues with google.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Check your hosts file

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

You can open it with notepad. It should only have on entry:

localhost 127.0.0.1

Delete all others & save the file.

Next I would download and run HiJackThis. It is free and especially good at removing Browser Helper Objects (BHOs). Tons of companies use these as "search bars" or "toolbars" in IE, FireFox, etc. They all record information and store it with the parent company to be sold as "market research". Spyware also often installs itself as BHOs. Anything in HiJackThis that comes up as a BHO, remove. Reboot when done.

If that doesn't work try an app called Malwarebytes. It is one of the best free spyware removers out there. Once installed, you may have to reboot into Safe Mode in order to scan & remove everything.

Let me know if that works.

Mike

BTW, installing another browser like FireFox, Opera, Chrome, etc. will only help until you get another piece of spyware. Many of them are able to infect/disrupt any browser that is currently installed. So IE will stay jacked and the new browser might work.....for a while.

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did run Malwarebytes. it did find a lot of stuff, but still doing the redirects. I did not try doing it in safemode though. I will try that. Ill also try the hijackthis thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts