My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just picked up a Satoh from an estate sale. The son said it ran when it was parked years ago. Sure enough, I can get it to start with the switch but it won't turn off. I disconnected the battery and it continued to run. The only way I could get it to turn off was to put my hand over the intake hose and it eventually stopped. How do you turn it off? I did order an owners manual but am looking for the repair manual. Anybody have one sitting around? Also, Can anyone post a picture of the dash board? There is a switch just to the left of the steering wheel that is broken on mine. I was told it is the head light switch but I would like to see a picture of one. I need to order a switch and need the part number or I think any three pole switch would work?
Thank you

·
Registered
538 Posts
Did you close the "throttle" lever?
If it's like my Bolens/Iseki, once started, it doesn't need elec to run, the "throttle" lever closes the fuel, stopping the engine.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's like my Bolens/Iseki, once started, it doesn't need elec to run, the "throttle" lever closes the fuel, stopping the engine.
Thank you Dan, I will try that. It is my first experience with a little diesel and I had no idea how they turned off. ha.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,251 Posts
Dan is absolutely right. Push that throttle lever up the whole way and hold it till it dies. Once you get used to this little machine, you're gonna love it. They are little workhorses. I use mine for all the grunt work around the property and it's my go to machine for plow days.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,251 Posts
I sent you a PM but figured I would try to attached the manual here. If the switch you are looking for is closer to the steering column, then it's the light switch. If it's the one further away, then it's the horn. You can contact Bill Rodgers at Valley Power for parts. [email protected] That's one source to try.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you jas11964. I was able to download it and print it. It is exactly what I need. Now that I know how to turn it off, my next task is trying to get it into gear. I am hoping that changing the hydraulic fluid and cleaning the filter may help with that issue. I will probably start a new thread on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts