My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MF1023 mid PTO mower deck, series 5396, serial 00117. It's mounted on a MF 1010 hydro 4wd. It is 60" accross. It ate the belt yesterday. As I bought this used and it's the first belt tossed, I'm not 100% sure it was the right one to begin with....

When I look up the belts for that deck at AGCO parts it shows various sizes. Measuring my belt it is pretty close to 122" OC minus the wear/tear. It also measures 5/8 wide and 3/8 deep. I don't have an AGCO parts center near. AGCO does show a 122.87" belt (1071174M1)

I found a new belt at tracparts "dot com" thanks to a hint from an olcowhand post. It is a Kevlar blue V-belt A-B119K. It seems to be the right size.

I have two questions. First, thoughts on this belt for the application.

Second, anyone else have this deck and if so why is there such a variance on the belts listed at AGCO for this model?

Thanks for all the good info here too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This deck is almost completely rebuilt now. All bearings replaced including for the gear box. Couple of snap rings left to arrive. The tractor has had the hydraulic oil, oil and all filters replaced. Interesting that this model 1010 4wd hydro actually had 3 hydraulic filters, 2 suction 1 high pressure.

Got the high pressure filter from Wolverine Diesel on EBAY. They are expensive elsewise if you can find one. Rest of filters have standard wix cross reference numbers easily found then from NAPA.

Blades seemed like they had never been sharpened and original. They were more solid than I expected. Was having a tough time finding replacements so that was a bonus.

Priming the injectors was tough, but accomplished. Static pressure through the new fuel filter would get it to the injectors, but wouldn't prime for awhile.

I figured it was a good time to do it while the deck was off. Should be back on and mowing next week. As the tractor only has 850 hours on it should be solid for my mowing needs. Next on list is to get a tongue made for the rear plow mount. It didn't come with the fully hydraulic plow I got with the tractor. The plow looks like it was only used 2-3 times.

Finally figured out why the belt tossed. Someone had hit something hard with the deck on. One of the deck hangers was actually missing and the gear box only had two loose bolts holding it on. A third bolt was missing. Had to make a replacement deck hanger, no parts available. Basically two peices of flat stock bent accordingly, welded in middle and drilled to match original.

AGCO parts was invaluable with showing what should be where with the drawings. Actual parts available was pretty much nil. but bearings etc were pretty much standards stuff which could be found.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top